A. Carry out the Great Commission. Evangelizing the lost at home through our own lives testimony, and abroad by sending out missionaries to do likewise. Teaching and discipling believers in their walk with the Lord. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8)
B. Promote fellowship between believers, especially between members of this Church. (Hebrews 10:25)
C. Exhort people to obedience to the Scriptures. (Romans 1:5; 1 John 5:2-4)
D. Own and maintain such buildings and equipment as may be required to carry out the above stated purposes.
A. The Bible
1. We believe in the verbal (every word), plenary (every letter and part of the Bible), and the inspiration of the Scriptures. In its original writings it is without mistake (Inerrant).
2. We believe the Bible is the Word of God and is the final infallible authority in faith and life. (II Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:21; Revelation 22:18-19)
3. We believe that the Bible should be interpreted literally, grammatically, contextually, historically, and dispensationally.
B. The Godhead
We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, yet one (co-equal) in power and glory, identical in their essential nature, and worthy of precisely the same honor, confidence, obedience and love.
(Genesis 1:1,2; Isaiah 45:18; Deut. 6:4; John 1:1,2; II Corinthians 13:14)
C. The Person and Work of Jesus Christ
1. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, and is without sin and absolutely perfect.
(John 1:1-2, 14, 18; Hebrews 1:8; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6)
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died as a substitutionary sacrifice on Calvary for the sins of all men; that His shed blood is the only atonement for sin; and that all who through personal faith receive Him as Savior are freely justified and stand before God accepted in the character and merit of Jesus Christ.
(Romans 3:24-26; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-9; I Peter 1:18-19)
3. We believe in the personal, pre-tribulation, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for the Church, our blessed hope; and in His later coming with the Church to establish His earthly kingdom.
(John 14:1-3; Acts 1:9-11; I Thessalonians 4:13-17; Titus 2:13)
4. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended into heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate.
(I John 2:1,2)
D. The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit
1. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Godhead, not merely an influence. That is, the Holy Spirit is God. To Him certain ministries have been committed in this age. He convicts the world of sin, or righteousness, and of judgment.
2. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing believers into the Body of Christ; indwelling, empowering, enlightening, guiding, teaching, and sealing them unto the day of redemption.
3. We believe that it is the duty and privilege of all saved to be filled with the Spirit.
(II Corinthians 13:14; John 3:5-6; 7:38, 39; 14:16; 15:26; 16:7-13; Romans 8:9)
4. We believe that, at salvation, the Holy Spirit gives supernatural abilities called spiritual gifts to every believer.
5. We believe that on the one hand, God is able to heal people and to do miracles; but on the other hand, the sign gifts: the gift of healing, tongues, and prophesy have been discontinued and should not be expected in this age.
(I Corinthians 14:21, 22; Isaiah 28:11, 12; Hebrews 2:3,4)
We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but when Adam sinned, the whole human race fell, incurring spiritual death which is separation from God, and inheriting a sinful nature. Man is a sinner by nature and by practice, and is totally depraved, unable in and of himself to remedy his lost condition.
(Genesis 1:26,27; Romans 5:12; 3:10-19, 23; Ephesians 2:1-3; Romans 8:7-8)
We believe that salvation is the gift of God; that in grace He bestows eternal life upon any person who by faith receives the Lord Jesus Christ as his own Savior from sin; that such person passes immediately out of spiritual death into spiritual life, becoming a child of God.
(Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9)
G. Eternal Security
We believe that once a person is born again, he is kept by God’s power and is secure in Christ forever; that assurance of salvation through knowledge of God’s Word is the privilege of every believer; but that this assurance is not to lead to any misuse of Christian liberty through careless living and yielding to fleshly desires.
(John 6:37-40; John 10:27-30; Romans 8:1, 2, 38, 39; I Peter 1:3-5)
We believe in the reality and personality of angels, both good and fallen, including Satan, the great enemy of God and man, whose opposition is ever increasing but whose ultimate doom is sure.
(Job 1:6, 7; Psalm 103:20; Matthew 4:11; Hebrews 1:14; Revelation 20:10)
I. The Church
1. We believe that the universal Church was prophesied by Christ, and that I came into being on the day of Pentecost as found in Acts 2. The Church is referred to as the Body and promised Bride of Christ and is a spiritual organism made up of all born-again persons of this age.
(Matthew 16:18; Acts 11:15,16; I Corinthians 12:12,13; Ephesians 1:22,23)
2. We believe that every local church has the right, under Christ, to decide and govern it’s own affairs.
(Acts 14:26-28; Acts 20:1,28-32; I Timothy 3:1-13)
3. We believe that the establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures.
J. The Ordinances
We believe that water Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Table are the only ordinances taught in the New Testament to be observed by the church during this present age. They are however, not to be regarded as a means of salvation.
(Luke 22:15-20; Acts 8:12,13a, 38; Acts 10:47-48; I Corinthians 11:23-28)
We believe that it is the obligation of the saved to witness by life and by word to the truths of the Holy Scripture and to seek to proclaim the Gospel to all mankind.
(Matthew 28:19, 20; Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 5:19-20)
L. Future Events
1. We believe that Jesus will remove His Church from the earth before God’s wrath is demonstrated in the period referred to as the Tribulation. This event can happen at any time.
(1 Thessalonians 1:10; 5:9; 4:15-17)
2. We believe that after the seven year Tribulation, Jesus will descend with the Church to establish His literal, physical kingdom. This period will last 1000 years.
3. We believe that the dead are spiritually conscious and will be raised bodily. The believer will be raised to stand before the judgment seat of Christ to give an account of his life since receiving Christ then on to enjoy the Marriage Supper of the Lamb before enjoying everlasting blessedness with the Lord. The unbeliever will be raised at the end of the 1000 year Kingdom reign of Christ, to judgment at the Great White Throne and everlasting, conscious punishment in the Lake of Fire.
(I Corinthians 3:10-15; Matthew 25:46; Luke 16:19-31; John 3:36; 5:28-29; Romans 14:10-12)
We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord; and, that separation from all religious apostasy, also from all worldly and sinful practices and associations, is commanded of God.
(2 Timothy 3:1-5; Romans 3:1-5; I John 2:15-17; I Corinthians 5:9-13; II Corinthians 6:14-7:1; James 1:27)